CALIFORNIA FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY
CALL OR TEXT
FAMILY LAW SYSTEM
Going to a Family Law court is tough. People struggle with the process. The family law system only works if you can afford an attorney. And hiring a family law attorney is expensive. It is hard on you, but very profitable for the family law attorney.
The state and the courts should do more to help those who cannot afford an attorney. The courts are aware there is a problem, but to date have made no significant changes.
If you decide you need to hire a family law attorney, this is what you can expect:
1. You will need to pay the attorney a deposit of $5000 to $10,000 up front, before any work begins.
2. You will pay the attorney $350 - $400 an hour (sometimes more) for the attorney's time.
3. The attorney will not tell you how much it will cost in the end when you hire him or her. You will not know how much it costs until the case is over. And it often costs more than the deposit.
4. Attorneys can and do abuse the system by overbilling.
Opposing attorneys can work together to increase both parties' costs.
5. Since attorneys bill by the hour, the more inefficient and/or unethical attorneys are, the more money they make.
A system that encourages inefficiency and rewards unethical behavior is not an effective system
I DO BETTER
I DON'T CHARGE BY THE HOUR
I DON'T ASK FOR A LARGE DEPOSIT